Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Preparation

Let's face it. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday! But the cooking, the decorating and the CLEANING; it just takes it all out of you. So this year I'm trying to make things simple. Which isn't working that well. Since I have all my grandparents coming down this year, I will be slightly distracted from the other preparation. I've been persuading my rockin' awesome choleric-sanguine mom to go to the store and get all the ingredients for the fantastic meal early, but since my mom isn't the fastest choleric-sanguine in the world, we are going to be packed with things to do at the last minute. 
My Grandma Sugar (mom's mom) is arriving on Saturday, and since she's been so busy lately, we're just going to let her relax. But if she wants to go and shop and party, hey there's no stopping her! (I call her Grandma Sugar because she's so sweet and gives us lots of love)
My dad's parents are coming down on either the day before Thanksgiving, or the Tuesday before. So that means we have more to prepare, and so little time to prepare it. 
So with all this said my secret is out. My mom and dad are not the fastest people in the world like my grandparents are.
This year I have decided to explore my possibilities. I am leaning towards the idea of making Ina Garten's famous Apple and Pear Crisp. And hopefully my Grandma (on my dad's side) will make her delicious Sweet Potato Pie! Not to mention my mom's Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie.

More to come!

Have great fun in the kitchen!


-Sandra

2 comments:

  1. sounds busy. I hope you get your shopping done early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ina Garten's Apple & Pear Crisp!! Sounds delish

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...