Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's Almost Here!!

Thanksgiving is almost here! This past Saturday my Grandma Sugar came from Chicago. Since then we have been shopping -not only for Thanksgiving but for the house- and doing...oh just about everything! Yesterday we all went to the grocery store to buy the ingredients we needed, it took us around an hour-and-a-half, and two grocery carts! 
I had the pleasure of buying a Honeycrisp apple (I would've taken a picture but I ate it before I realized I was supposed too). It tastes very sweet, slightly tart, and has a crispy bite to it. I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a new type of fruit to try. It works as an excellent snack. I looked at pictures of this Honeycrisp apple online and apparently they don't do it justice. At the very least, this apple weighs about 1lbs, and is about twice the size of your fist (in my opinion). But none the less it is amazing.
This morning I have started making the collard greens (with the help of mom and grandma of course), and later on we will make the Pineapple Cheese Pie. 
Tomorrow comes the famous Over the Rainbow Macaroni and Cheese, Ina Garten's Apple and Pear Crisp, and many more recipes.

More to come!

Happy Thanksgiving and have fun in the kitchen!!

-Sandra

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...