Tuesday, July 26, 2011

the epic fail of a chef {AKA: me}

*first, I must apologize for not updating in nearly a month. Sorry! So-so sorry. second, I'm back now! So yay. And yes, that's pretty much all I have to say*
So, about two weeks ago I was over at Jocee's house, and we made Oatmeal Cookies. And let me say that the video below is going to ruin my reputation. I tried to tell her that she couldn't make oatmeal cookies without eggs, baking power and raisins {and vanilla or maybe even almond extract would've been nice, too}, but she hates raisins so we had to do without. Not to mention, her dad loves raisins, so he kinda devoured them. I don't know what it is with Jocee and raisins, but the fact that they are pretty much violated grapes doesn't sit well with her. I must say, that the video turned out to be a success, but the cookies? Eh, not so much.

Those are Jocee's hands in the video. I was kind of the behind-the-scenes person. But! I did get to:

  1. Pour the brown sugar into the mixer
  2. Film Jocee pouring the butter into the bowl
  3. Man the mixer button
  4. Cut out the cookies into the ice cream shapes
  5. And fight about which font we should use for the video. I have better skills that Jocee on those types of things, but she doesn't want to admit it
Please, don't get us wrong here. The cookies tasted great! But, they didn't really...um...err...look...that great. I blame Jocee, just so you all know. So, since I'm trying to get my baking reputation back:
This usually works better when Jocee does it, but I try ;) 
Much love, 
Sandra <3

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, Sandy. I'm going to post this video on my blog since I *did* do most of the work on it ;) :P But I commend you for the work you did, too. *commence commending*
    Heh heh, love you, girl :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great movie, and I love the song...also: a reminder that you have been awarded the sweetie award


    http://thehomeschooldiary.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweetie-award-yummy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try this sometime :) Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    ~Miss Raquel
    www.God-sDaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...